Happy New Year to you! Now that the 2014 is on its way, is your website ready? Here’s a short check list to help you determine if your site is ready to go.
- Are you on a stable, secure and fast web hosting service?
- Do you have a good security set up? (e.g. Firewall?)
- Have you implemented a Caching to speed up your site?
- Is your website software up to date? On the latest release?
- Do you have a backup system in place? Easy restoration process?
Some possible solutions to address those above.
- Get on a web host that doesn’t over sell their servers or move to a virtual server
- Use a service like CloudFlare and Sucuri to protect your site
- Use CloudFlare or PageSpeed and/or a CDN to boost your site speed
- Use WordPress to make maintenance and updates easy (auto-updates!)
- Either use your web host’s backup system or use a service like CodeGuard. For WordPress, we have plenty of options like BackupBuddy or VaultPress.
What about you? What are you using or doing to make sure your site is ready for 2014?